Cotswold properties to rent
Picturesque Houses To Rent In The Beautiful Cotswolds
Our aim at Townsend Estates is to provide the most comprehensive and efficient lettings service for both our landlords and tenants. The representation of our staff in the industry is of understanding the needs of our tenants. Being a tenant offers you the flexibility of being able to choose a property that is suited to you and your lifestyle, which can be ever-changing. We understand just how important it is to find a property that suits you and your family, with minimal work to achieve it.
Going through the rental process can be very stressful, with many estate agents giving you an excessive number of hoops to jump through. Those looking to rent a property in the Cotswolds are doing so for a variety of reasons, with a great diversity in what they are searching for. Some may want a property for rent privately, while some prefer to deal with an estate agent when discussing the home they are letting.
Renting a Cotswold Cottage - Quintessentially British!
The Countryside is something Britain is proud of, and rightfully so! Whether you’re looking for a cottage to rent in the Cotswolds, a small flat for just yourself, or a 3-bedroom house for your entire family, we have some of the most amazing houses in the Cotswolds. Perhaps you’re looking for something a bit larger, we can accommodate there too.
Things To Consider When Renting
Have you taken into consideration what goes into the thought process behind renting a property in the Cotswolds? There are things to consider when looking to let a property, that you may or may not consider right away, these include (but aren’t limited to);
- What is public transport like in the local area?
- Considering the schools in the area if you have children
- What is the local area like?
- Are there social activities occurring in the area?
- What local stores are available?
Each of our agents has lived in the Cotswolds their entire lives and can offer factual and unbiased information about the area where you are considering renting, to help you make a decision based on professional experience. We give you the information that you require to make the right choice for you and your family.
Expert Knowledge of the Cotswold Region
Our local knowledge of Gloucestershire and more specifically the property market within the Moreton in Marsh region help tremendously when helping respective tenants make a decision. Giving tenant options is a part of our nature, we want you to have all of the information before making a decision, and are always happy to offer rental advice to anybody who requires it.
Our letting agents take the time to do what we can to understand your circumstances and the requirements that come with it. Not only do we support our tenants through the entire process and for the duration of the tenancy, but we also support our landlords with the responsibilities that come with the tenancy.
Looking for a property to rent in the Cotswolds? Whatever your requirements, contact us and someone from our lettings team will be in touch as soon as possible. If you’d rather see the properties that we have available, you can take a look at the properties we have available.
RENT WITHOUT STRESS WITH TOWNSEND Estates
Frequently Asked Rental Questions
Each rental has a different deposit charge based on what the landlord deems necessary. To discuss how much a deposit is based on a property we are advertising, get in touch with us and we gladly give you every piece of information you require when renting in the Cotswolds.
There are many things to consider when renting a property. There are countless things that you should be aware of, but here are some important ones for you to consider;
- Make sure your deposit is protected (It will be when using Townsend Mercer!)
- Your landlord has to ask your permission to enter the property, asking you in advance.
- Ensure you know where everything is in the property. Where is the trip switch? Where is the water stopcock? These are things you should know, just in case.
- Ask questions, whatever your questions are, ask either the letting agent (That’s us!) or the landlord directly If you are renting direct
- Don’t redecorate without permission from your landlord. That also means hanging pictures using hooks or screws. If you’re going to hand pictures, consider using strips.
- Get contents insurance. It’s up to your landlord to have buildings insurance, but contents are down to you.
- Your landlord has to provide you with documentation when moving in. This is things like a gas safety certificate, a copy of the government’s how to rent guide, and EPC (Energy performance certificate) and some others. If you have any questions about anything, get in touch with us.
- Find out what whitegoods and utilities are within the property. Do you have everything you need?
- Take meter readings when you arrive if you aren’t supplied them already
Council tax varies based on the property. For more information, you can view the Cotswold District Council website on Council Tax
If you’d like to view a property that we currently have on the market, you can do so! Just get in touch with us using our contact page or give us a call, and we will happily arrange a viewing with you.
Most terms are a minimum of 12 months, but some landlords prefer to have tenants in for longer periods, wanting somebody willing to commit to a long term let. If you want more information on a lease period, you can get in touch with us and we will happily provide information you require
Once again it’s difficult for us to say as each property is managed differently. Some landlords prefer to manage a property themselves once the letting period has begun, while others prefer us to manage their property. We will let you know when discussing the property you are interested in.